Trials for the 2017 combined St Michaels FC, Lane Cove FC Development squads (including Diamond League/Girls DIV 1) will be held on the following dates:
Thursday, 17 November AND Thursday, 24 November 2016 – players need to attend BOTH days!!
- 3:45pm to 5:15pm for u8, u9, u10 & u10G
- 5:00pm to 6:30pm for u11, u11G u12, u12G, u13, u13G & u14G
NOTE: All age groups are 2017 age groups, G signifies Girls only team, other teams are mixed.
Please click the following link to enrol: https://tas.currinda.com/register/event/1458.
WHAT ARE DEVELOPMENT SQUADS?
- The clubs run combined squads for the stronger and more enthusiastic players who want to develop their skills.
- Teams practice on Astroturf, 2x per week starting in February with a dedicated professional coach from SoccerKickStart, junior coaching providers to the A-League’s Western Sydney Wanderers.
WHO DOES DEVELOPMENT SQUADS?
- Girls Teams (10G, 11G, 12G, 14G) and mixed Boys/Girls teams U8-U13.
- If you think there is interest in another group, please let us know by contacting the club.
- The top development teams are normally very strong and competing in division 1 against other Academy/Development teams. Some age groups may have multiple teams, in these cases the second team might not be in division 1, but is made up of players that are with good and fairly similar skills that want to improve their soccer by having top level coaching. The top level u10G-u14G Girls teams in 2017 compete in Diamond League, the NSFA’s division 1 girls competition. We also aim to have other girls Development squads in other age groups and would like to have more than 1 girls development squad in age groups where the player interest is there.
We expect to finalise the cost for 2017 at less than $999 in addition to club rego. This covers the professional coaching (two training sessions per week plus game day, close to 100 hours), the astroturf field hire, and the training kit. Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.