In the 1950’s the club, then known as Lane Cove United Soccer Football Club was forced to be reckoned within the Northern Suburbs Soccer Football Association (NSWSFA). Highlights included ‘B’ Grade Premiers in 1951, and A Grade undefeated premiers and Challenge Shield winners in 1959.
Lane Cove United also took out the NSWSFA Southern League Reserve Grade Minor Premiership in 1954, and in 1955 were the Reserve Grade Major Premiers, and also took the ‘A’ Division Reserve Grade Minor Premiership.
The club remained a member of Northern Suburbs Soccer Football Association (which became Northern Suburbs Soccer Association) until joining Ku-Ring-Gai District Soccer Association (KDSA) in 1973.
The Juniors played under the name of Lane Cove United Junior Soccer Club.
In 1989 the Club changed its name to Lane Cove Soccer Club.
We changed our name to the current Lane Cove Football Club in 2009, in recognition of the increasing use of “football” in Australia and the world.
Currently, Lane Cove FC has more than 890 members playing ‘the world game’ in over 60 teams, with age groups spanning from Under 6 to Mens Over 45.