What are Development Squads?
- The two clubs run a combined Development Squad for the stronger and more enthusiastic players who want to further develop their skills with other players of similar commitment.
- Teams practice on Astroturf, twice a week from pre-season through the winter regular season, from February through August, with a dedicated professional coach from Soccer KickStart.
- The coaches also coach the teams at the NSFA competition games each Saturday (for mixed) and Sunday (for girls’ teams).
- We organise friendly matches with other local development squads, during the pre-season and occasionally during regular season.
- The aim of the development squad is to improve both the skills of each individual player and the strategies and abilities of the team as a whole.
- Lane Cove St. Michaels Development Squad values playing good football; we place sportspersonship, teamwork, and ongoing skills and tactical development above winning.
Who participates in Development Squads?
- Girls Teams and Mixed Teams U8-U13, provided we have sufficient interest and depth of skill. If you think there is interest in another age group, please let us know by contacting the club.
What are the fees for Development Squad participation?
- Development Squad fees for 2020 were set at $1000.00 per child.
- Fees will cover the professional coaching (two training sessions per week plus game day, close to 100 hours) and the astroturf field hire, and training kit costs. Additional costs will be club registration, FFA registration, and uniform purchases.
- Players will also need to register with LCFC (club registration). This fee varies according to the age group.
- Players will need to purchase their game uniform shorts and socks. Game uniform from previous years can be worn. New uniform items can be purchased from the club in the pre-season. LCFC game jerseys will be provided to each player for the season (game jerseys will be returned to the club at the end of the season).
- Note: Any additional uniform requirements will be clarified for SAP and Development Squad teams following selection.
How can my child register her/his interest?
Lane Cove St. Michael’s Development Squad held trials for the 2020 season on the following dates. Interested players are expected to participate in both sessions. Coaches will assess skills and coachability, and will finalise selections and notify players by December 2019.
Trial Session 1: Thursday, 7 November, 2019
Trial Session 2 : Thursday, 14 November, 2019
The SAP and Development Squad are offered in addition to Lane Cove FC’s ongoing commitment to community-based football and aims to offer players of all backgrounds and capabilities an opportunity to play ‘the world game’ in a friendly and welcoming environment. The diverse range of SAP, Development Squad, MiniRoos, Juniors, and Adult teams caters to all standards of players in age groups ranging from Under 6 to Adult Men and Women.
For further information about our partners:
Lane Cove FC: www.lcfc.com.au
St. Michael’s FC: https://stmfc.org.au/
Soccer Kickstart: www.sportskickstart.com.au
Proud sponsors of our Development Squads The Foot Group and Apple Dental