Proud sponsor of our Development Squads
Lane Cove FC & St. Michael’s FC Development Squad Trials for the 2020 Squads U8-U14 Mixed and Girls || FAQs
What are Development Squads?
- The two clubs run a combined Development Squad for the stronger and more enthusiastic players who want to further develop their skills with other players of similar commitment.
- Teams practice on Astroturf, twice a week from pre-season through the winter regular season, from February through August, with a dedicated professional coach from Soccer KickStart.
- The coaches also coach the teams at the NSFA competition games each weekend (Saturdays for mixed teams, and Sundays for girls’ teams).
- We organise friendly matches with other local development squads, during the pre-season and occasionally during regular season.
- The aim of the development squad is to improve both the skills of each individual player and the strategies and abilities of the team as a whole.
- Lane Cove St. Michaels Development Squad values playing good football; we place sportspersonship, teamwork, and ongoing skills and tactical development above winning.
Who participates in Development Squads?
- Girls Teams and Mixed Teams U8-U14, provided we have sufficient interest and depth of skill. If you think there is interest in another age group, please let us know by contacting the club.
What are the fees for Development Squad participation?
- Fees will cover the professional coaching (two training sessions per week plus game day, close to 100 hours) and the astroturf field hire, and training kit costs. Additional costs will be club registration, FFA registration, and uniform purchases.
- Players will need to register with LCFC (club registration). This fee varies according to the age group.
- Players will need to purchase yellow LCFC match socks and yellow LCFC match shorts. Shorts and socks from a previous season can be worn. LCFC game shirts will be provided to each player for the season (game shirts will be returned to the club at the end of the season).
- SAP League players will have an additional purchase of Lane Cove SAP League tracksuit, purchase price to be confirmed.
- Note: Any additional uniform requirements will be clarified for SAP League and Development Squad teams following selection.
- For reference, the 2020 season fees included $1000* development squad fees and $276-319* Club fees for Miniroos-Juniors. Uniform purchases will include LCFC playing shorts and socks, and SAP League track suits if applicable. * Prior to any Covid-19 fee adjustments or early bird Club registration discounts.
How can my child register her/his interest?
Trials have already taken place for the upcoming 2022 season.
The SAP League and Development Squad are offered in addition to Lane Cove FC’s ongoing commitment to community-based football and aims to offer players of all backgrounds and capabilities an opportunity to play ‘the world game’ in a friendly and welcoming environment. The diverse range of SAL, Development Squad, MiniRoos, Juniors, and Adult teams caters to all standards of players in age groups ranging from Under 6 to Adult Men and Women.
For further information about our partners:
Lane Cove FC: www.lcfc.com.au
St. Michael’s FC: https://stmfc.org.au/
Soccer Kickstart: www.sportskickstart.com.au
NSFA SAP League: https://nsfa.asn.au/player/development-leagues/