Lane Cove Development Leagues are in partnership with Lane Cove Football Club and St Michael’s Football Club to grow premier league pathways for football in Lane Cove & the surrounding suburbs.
What are Development Squads (U8-U11)?
- Lane Cove Football Club, in partnership with St Michael’s Football Club, runs a combined Development Squad for the stronger and more enthusiastic players who want to further develop their skills with other players of similar commitment.
- Teams practice on Astroturf, twice a week from pre-season through the winter regular season, from February through August, with a dedicated professional coach from Vibe Football.
- The coaches also coach the teams at the NSFA competition games each weekend (Saturdays for mixed teams, and Sundays for girls’ teams).
- We organise friendly matches with other local development squads, during the pre-season and occasionally during regular season.
- The aim of the development squad is to improve both the skills of each individual player and the strategies and abilities of the team as a whole.
- Our Development Leagues values playing good football; we place sportspersonship, teamwork, and ongoing skills and tactical development above winning.
Who participates in Development Squads?
- Both Girls and Mixed Teams U8-U18, provided we have sufficient interest and depth of skill. If you think there is interest in another age group, please let us know.
- For older age groups, please refer to the Diamond League G12-G18 and Super League Mixed U12-U18.
The need to know about the Development League participation
- Fees will cover the professional coaching (two training sessions per week plus game day, close to 100 hours) and the astroturf field hire, and training kit costs. Additional costs will be club registration, FFA registration, and uniform purchases.
- All players intending to trial as part of the Development Leagues need to register for the trials.
- Players will need to register with LCFC (club registration) following the trials. This fee varies according to the age group.
- Players will need to purchase yellow LCFC match socks and yellow LCFC match shorts. Shorts and socks from a previous season can be worn. LCFC game shirts will be provided to each player for the season (game shirts will be returned to the club at the end of the season).
- SAP League players will have an additional purchase of Lane Cove SAP League tracksuit, purchase price to be confirmed.
- Note: Any additional uniform requirements will be clarified for SAP League and Development Squad teams following selection.
- Refer to Registration Info & Fees for further information on how to register.
How can my child register her/his interest?
Trial sessions are scheduled for October/November each year for all Development League levels.
The Lane Cove Development Leagues are offered in addition to Lane Cove FC’s ongoing commitment to community-based football and aims to offer players of all backgrounds and capabilities an opportunity to play ‘the world game’ in a friendly and welcoming environment. The diverse range of MiniRoos, Juniors, and Senior teams caters to all standards of players in age groups ranging from Under 6 to adult men and women.
For further information about our partners:
Lane Cove FC: https://lcfc.com.au
St. Michael’s FC: https://stmfc.org.au/
JustFootball Academy: https://justfootballacademy.com.au/
NSFA Development Leagues: https://nsfa.asn.au/player/development-leagues/
Proud sponsor of our Development Squads