What are Development Squads?
- The clubs run combined squads for the stronger and more enthusiastic players who want to develop their skills.
- Teams practice on Astroturf, twice a week starting from February to the last game of the season, with a dedicated professional coach from SoccerKickStart, junior coaching providers to the A-League’s Western Sydney Wanderers.
- The coaches attend the NSFA games each Saturday (for mixed) and Sunday (for girl’s teams) to coach the children in their games.
- The aim of the development squad is to improve both the skills of each individual player and the strategies and abilities of the team as a whole.
- St Michaels FC and Lane Cove FC Development squads value playing good football and do not place winning in front of playing as a good sport.
Who does Development Squads?
- Girls Teams and mixed Boys/Girls teams U8-U14. If you think there is interest in another age group, please let us know by contacting the club.
- The top development teams are normally very strong and competing in division 1 against other Academy/Development teams. Some age groups may have multiple teams, in these cases the second team might not be in division 1, but is made up of players that are with good and fairly similar skills that want to improve their soccer by having top level coaching.
- We expect to finalise the cost for 2019 at under $999. This covers the professional coaching (two training sessions per week plus game day, close to 100 hours) and the astroturf field hire. Additional costs are registration and uniform purchases.
- Players will need to register with LCFC, to play in the NSFA competition. This cost varies according to the age group.
- Players will need to purchase their training uniform. Training uniform from previous years can be worn. New uniform items can be purchased from Kingsgrove Sport in Artarmon.
- Players will need to purchase their yellow LCFC match socks and yellow LCFC match shorts. Shorts and socks from a previous season can be worn. LCFC match shirts will be provided to each player for the season (they will be returned to the club at the end of the season).
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.